Monday 6 February 2012

New Year's Resolution 2012

I can't believe it's now February 2012! A lot has happened to me since I first opened this blog, and a big lifestyle change and house move (I've been unpacking for 6 months!) seemed to stop me in my tracks. I've recently been doing a lot more sewing, and it made me realise I should be keeping a diary of what I've been up to. First of all I made it my new year's resolution to tidy my sewing space, so I'd like to share with you a photograph of my 'sewing room', or rather, my itsy bitsy teeny weeny space in a room full of boxes! I know there are plenty of people out there who can identify with this though, as I found an interesting topic at the Sew Weekly sewing circle where someone was asking the best way to organise a small sewing space. If you suffer from a similar problem, you may find some of the responses interesting. It just goes to show, you don't have to have the perfect sewing space to be able to create, and to enjoy working on sewing projects.


I can definitely recommend doing some online research about sewing space organisation, even if it's only checking out the Sew Weekly forums - I could hardly get inside this room before I made it my new year's resolution, let alone have a clear surface space! I also learned a lot from thesewingforum.com, it's a great source of info about all aspects of sewing.

After doing various bits of online research for ideas on sewing storage, I put a few photos of ideas on my Pinterest New Years Resolutions 2012 board as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment