Wednesday 29 January 2014

New project/s

Ok, so with the broderie anglaise dress finished, what's next??  I have a number of ideas floating around but I really want to focus on learning in areas where I have no experience, or am less confident.

Here are some areas I'd like to work on:
  • Sewing stretch fabrics - I've not really worked with these and would like to learn about the challenges these fabrics pose, and how to deal with them.
  • Drafting a pattern - I've attempted this before but found it very hard work. I think a simple pencil skirt pattern will help improve my confidence by going back to basics on this.
  • Underwear - I'd really like to try making some knickers!
  • Camisole - I'll be needing something to wear under the sheer blouse I made recently. 
  • Zips - I really want to get zips 100% perfect so I need to do a bit of research on better methods and then practise, practise, practise!
I *could* make a pencil skirt from stretch fabric using a pattern I've drafted, and that would cover 3 out of 5! But I think stretch fabric plus self-drafted pattern equals potential sizing disaster! I might go for the pencil skirt using some stash fabric first, and see how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment