Monday 20 January 2014

Another year - 2014 and dress #6

Dear people of 2014,

So my 2013 sewing diary was non-existent, sorry about that. However 2014 is starting to look like it might be one of exciting sewing-related developments. Watch this space!

In the meantime I'll be sharing with you some of my more recent makes, starting with this dress which sat half finished for about 6 months before I finally fixed the terrible job I'd done on the zip and hemmed it, then added the bow and buckle. Really pleased with it now and have been wearing it to work.


I used Simplicity 3673 and the fabric is a lovely English navy check wool blend I was donated by a friend of my mum's, I had plenty left over to make a matching two-piece I'll share soon. The buckle waa a vintage find in an antique store that cost £2. Really the only other cost was the zip, so virtually free to make. Chuffed to bits with the final result, it fits like a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment