Wednesday 22 January 2014

Check ensemble

Here is the ensemble made from the same fabric I had left over from the dress I posted about previously:


I bought the pattern for the waistcoat (Simplicity 2556, a Project Runway one) but I already had the pencil skirt pattern (Simplicity 5259).

I used some buttons I already had and I also had a zip for the skirt and navy lining fabric in stock for the waistcoat back and lining for both, so again this cost virtually nothing!

This was the first time I'd done princess seams and with the fabric being a bit firmer than a plain cotton, at first I thought I'd made a terrible mistake when the front came out weirdly pointy (hello Madonna!) but all it needed was the curved seam to be clipped and a good pressing, and hey presto it fits wonderfully.

To complete the outfit I decided to make a blouse, and it just so happened that at the same time my grandmother had forwarded some incredible fabric which was perfect for this. Check out my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment