Wednesday 27 June 2012

Vintage fair find - sewing stool / box & contents

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I went to a vintage fair some time ago and finally got round to sorting out its contents. There was just SO much there that I thought I should lay it all out and take a photo, to share my astonishment!

Here's the sewing box / stool itself, not the most attractive thing I've ever seen, admittedly:



...but I was just overcome with fascination at its contents, there were some vintage items in there and a number of Singer machine feet I just didn't know what on earth were for! So I couldn't resist, and brought it home. Here's the contents of the box, laid out on my table:



Can you believe all this stuff came out of that little stool?! Only one amendment to that, actually - the round wicker basket of cotton reels is mine, and more than half of those were already in there, but I'd already thrown the new ones in there before deciding I should lay all this out, so I just put that out instead of trying to figure out which ones belonged to the collection.

Here are some close-ups of the items, I've asked my mum and grandma for advice about the 'Darning Machine' and the collection of machine feet, as I'm completely clueless! An interesting collection though, I'm very pleased with it!





No comments:

Post a Comment