Saturday 30 June 2012

Dress #5 - poolside dress

I started looking at simple poolside dresses, the kind you can just throw on over your bikini, thinking if I could find a really simple elasticated style then I could probably quickly make one in an afternoon ready for my holiday this week.

After looking through a few, I settled on the style of this Accessorize dress as it looked relatively simple to recreate:

The only suitable fabric I have available is a lightweight cream cotton that I picked up recently intending to use as a lining for dress #4 (the tweed work dress), which in theory should work fine - but it'll be rather dull looking in plain cream (could just end up looking like a muslin!) so I need to prettify it with some sort of embellishment. I have a number of bits of ribbon and lace so I'm currently looking for ideas about what I can do to improve the look of it, maybe by adding some colour.

I'll let you know how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment